Monday, January 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!

A friend of mine likes to bake. He goes in for all the crazy stuff (I hear he's working on maple syrup bacon chocolate chip cookies). For obvious reasons some of his recipes aren't going to work for me. He found a link to a recipe and I thought I'd try it. These cookies are AWESOME!!!!! Sorry there is no picture of these they just went so fast!

Credit for the original recipe goes to hipbonez at RecipeZaar.com. I made one or two slight modifications.

Ingredients:
2/3 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups Light Brown Sugar (I actually used Splenda/Brown Sugar)
2/3 Cup Vanilla Soymilk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1 1/3 Cups Chocolate Chips (gotta look at the label)

Directions:
Heat oven to 375
In a large bowl mix together the first five ingredients
In a small bowl mix together the flour(s), salt and baking soda
Stir the dry mix into the liquid mix
Stir in oats and chocolate chips
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a Silpat or Parchment Paper cooking tray
Bake for 12 minutes or until set
Let cool on tray for 5 minutes

This yielded somewhere in the range of 60 cookies for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment