Friday, April 22, 2011

Potato Latkes

So I'm not quite sure what happened, but I thought hmmmm maybe I should make some latkes.  So I did a search, found a recipe, and then did what I always do, which is to take it and then modify it in my own way.

So, here you go.  This recipe turned out 12 latkes of roughly palm sized.

2 lbs of potatoes peeled and grated
1 medium onion grated
1 1/2 tsp Adobo
1 tsp freshly grated pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 /4 cup flour

Peel the potatoes and grate them into a bowl.  Squeeze the liquid out of the potatoes with your hand and move the potatoes to a different container.  Add the onion, Adobo, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and flour. 

Use your hands to combine all of this together.

Heat the oven to 275 and heat a large fry pan over medium heat.  Add some vegetable oil to create a light layer.

Create 3-4 palm sized pancakes from the bowl and place them into the heated oil.  Turn once it starts to turn golden brown.  Once both sides are browned, move to a plate in the oven (on paper towels to drain the oil). 

Add additional oil as needed.

Serve with apple sauce and/or "sour cream"

No comments:

Post a Comment