Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coconut Macaroons

Macaroons are one of those cookies that I think of when I think of the holidays. Not something you have every day. Today was a snowday here in lovely New England and so I thought I'd try my hand at some macaroons. The recipes I saw called for dairy and/or eggs so I needed to improvise.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/2 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour

Directions:
Combine the egg replacer and water in a metal bowl.
Whisk together.
Then place the bowl over a pot with simmering water.
Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until the mixture is warm to the touch.
Remove from heat and whisk in the salt and flour
Then stir in the coconut and place in the refridgerator for a couple of hours to chlll.
Pre-heat oven to 325 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place dough onto parchment in spoonfuls (you should get about 24).
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment